Followers

20110510

CHOCOLATE PLEASURE


               Read this post, it may change your life!
This may very well surprise you, but did you know that one ounce (about ¼ of a chocolate bar) of the dark chocolate contains a huge antioxidant punch!
You’ve probably heard that cocoa is rich in antioxidant flavonoids called flavanols, which include procyanidins, epicatechins, and catechins. Dove Dark, made by Mars, Inc., contains Cocoapro cocoa, a proprietary, specially processed cocoa that contains super high levels of flavanols—so high that Dove Dark is used in medical research.
Studies have shown that people with high blood levels of flavonoids have lower risk of heart disease, lung cancer, prostate cancer, asthma, and type 2 diabetes. So that’s what they do, even if you can’t pronounce the scientific terms:-)

They found that only the Dove Dark had heart-healthy benefits: It reduced LDL oxidation and boosted antioxidant levels of HDL concentration in the blood. The Dark Dove chocolate instudies kept blood platelets from clumping together. In the test tube, Cocoapro cocoa reduces blood clotting. It may also stabilize arterial plaque, making it less likely to travel and cause a stroke or heart attack. This effect is similar to that of aspirin. It also increases blood vessel flexibility. Unlike aspirin, some of the procyanidins trigger the production of nitric oxide, which helps keep arteries flexible and increases blood flow.
Did you know that?
• A 1 1/2-ounce square of chocolate may have as many cancer-fighting antioxidants as a 5-ounce glass of red wine.
• Eating more dark chocolate can help lower blood pressure. Remember, you do have to balance the extra calories by eating less of other things.
 • Chocolate stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the "runner's high" a jogger feels after running several miles. In Europe chocolate is often called “hormone of happiness”:-)

• Not all chocolate is heart healthy. White chocolate, which a Harvard researcher points out is "not really chocolate at all," and milk chocolate may expand the hips rather than help blood flow. And none of the instant cocoa mixes in the local grocery store contain the flavonoids that improve blood vessel function. After reading this I will only buy dark chocolate from now on!
• It is a known fact that chocolate has caffeine in it. But, did you know that you would have to eat more than a dozen chocolate bars to get the same amount of caffeine from a cup of coffee? There are about 5 to 10 mg's of caffeine in one ounce of bitter chocolate, 5 mgs in milk chocolate, and 10mgs in a six-ounce cup of cocoa. And this is why we need our cup of coffee in a morning:)
• Chocolate is actually a valuable energy source. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 ft.

• Chocolate has great health benefits. It helps with depression, high blood pressure, Tumors and Pre-menstrual syndromes.

• Chocolate does not cause or aggravate acne, this is a myth.

• One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the daily recommended intake of iron. Deficiency of iron in your blood leads to anemia.

• Chocolate can be deadly for dogs. Chocolate contains an ingredient called "Theobromine" which can be toxic to a dogs central nervous system and cardiac muscles. I wish my 2 beggers knew that:-)

• People spend more than $7 billion dollars a year on chocolate – add me to this number:-)

I hope you found my post interesting and educational. Just remember not to overdo your chocolate treatment by doing this:-)))))



        Waiting for your comments and feedbacks and if you have any questions – Ask Erena!

21 comments:

  1. I wish I loved dark chocolate enough to have it for it's benefits. I always have some in my hand and end up choosing milk chocolate...epic fail. But thank you sharing all the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! this is not right! 7 billion dollars a year?? We all need help. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa, a whole lot of problems yeah. but i know people would still keep eating it. smh

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Chocolate Diva: it is a 7 billion dollar a year industry that makes us all happy... treats illnesses... and tastes good:-)

    @Ms Infamous: eating just 1/4 of a bar a day of dark chocolate will makes us all a little healthier...

    @Brittany *Leah* whose comment disappeared when my blog was in "read only" mode. I did receive your comment and am glad you liked my post. Here it is:

    Brittany *Leah* has left a new comment on your post "CHOCOLATE PLEASURE":

    I wish I loved dark chocolate enough to have it for it's benefits. I always have some in my hand and end up choosing milk chocolate...epic fail. But thank you sharing all the information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. people are really crazy about chocolate :) Beside my numerous other jobs, I also bake cakes, and although chocolate is my least favourite flavour, chocolate cakes are the ones I sell best.

    I like white chocolate most, milk chocolate gives me pimples :) and I like dark chocolate when it's not overly bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dezzy, you intrigue me a lot:-) not only you are a"hollywood spy", now you bake cakes!!! I have the biggest sweet tooth in a world, I need to know what kind of cakes you bake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 billion a year??? wow. But who doesn't love chocolate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are not too many simple pleasures in this life, chocoloate is one of them. Let's enjoy it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! great info. Especially knowing that DOVE Dark has all of the benefits I hear about dark choclate - I can AFFORD DOVE DARK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed I do, Oh wise one, :)
    You can check out some of my cakes at:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.1459493801380.63640.1054459483

    ReplyDelete
  12. See? I think we all knew it was secretly good for us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Are you saying I let the secret out?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erena, I have just put Dove Dark on my shopping list! I was reading something about this the other day, but your article here has better information. Thanks for sharing and also thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and following. Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Debbie for your nice comments. It is good to know that my research helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMMM! Love it... thx for following! I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting information, that made me love chocolate even more :p Dove Dark you said right? I will look it up, I hope it is sold in my place as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @.Mona Trixa. - i hope you will find Dove chocolate:-)Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooooooooooo intersting but some reason i really love love love love chocolates^^
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete